MAJOR QUESTION, RESPONSES NEEDED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAJOR QUESTION, RESPONSES NEEDED

Okay, so this is going to sound kind of bitchy, but perhaps it's because I'm a self-centred bitch who cares nothing about people around her. Who knows. We'll see.

So... Amanda likes Seth. Amanda talks about Seth all the time, Seth Seth Seth, blah blah blah. And just in case you were thinking it's a different Seth -- NO. This is the same Seth as in "my ex, who I am still sort of not quite over, no matter what the fuck I say to anybody."

So it came up in conversation between the two of them that he likes a girl with glasses who lives in Threlkeld. Guess who has glasses and lives in Threlkeld? Amanda! And this other girl, Anna, who neither one of us really knows. Guess who he likes? Anna. Guess who Amanda thought he liked? Her. To the point where she mentioned this last night and asked me if it was okay if they ever went out. I gave my blessing, but this is beside the point.

Amanda says that Seth had been giving her mixed signals and was flirting and could not pick up on the fact that she likes him (which I think is stupid, because she tends to be pretty obvious, and it's weird because until a month ago she really liked this other guy but then suddenly she dropped him for Seth. That's another Traumatic Encounter, though, so we'll save it for later). Mixed signals I can believe, but I'm not sure he knew he was doing it.

SO SERIOUS QUESTION(S):
Do I tell Seth how Amanda feels, and say, "Hey, did you realise...?" Or is that too much betrayal of trust?
Would that be too awkward?
Don't you think it's vaguely awkward that she also likes Seth?
Is it stupid that I am still a bit mixed up about this and not entirely comfortable with her talking about him all the time? Surprisingly enough, I'm okay with him liking this other girl; if it wasn't meant to happen between us, then it simply wasn't, and I can deal with that. But the fact that Amanda likes him and Amanda speaks of him like a best friend, when I lost him as a friend and he has made no effort to initiate contact as before... that hurts.

CONCLUSION: Amanda's really upset about this, but in a way, I'm kind of jealous because at least she gets to keep him as a friend (and a fairly close friend), at least he didn't completely excise her from his life, and at least he thinks highly of her. Things I doubt he will ever feel for me.
strangerthanfiction
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down