Narrowcasting at its finest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Narrowcasting at its finest.

So normally I don't make any sort of political statement with my blog, but on Monday, Hardball with Chris Matthews came by to film and did a Q&A with students. I meant to stop by and see the spectacle -- I sort of used to watch MSNBC, but I can't take it anymore, even though I am a liberal.

Anyway. I know two people in this video: Max, the guy in the pink shirt with the blond hair/beard who asks a question around 1:20 in saying, "When is Rand Paul going to start talking about Kentucky?" (He used to be on Quiz Bowl, but then his fraternity ate his life.) The other is Sirena, the girl who supports Rand Paul and whom he questions regarding term limits. Take a look for yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697//vp/39729273#39729273

Thoughts? I'm sort of quite glad I wasn't there in the end, anyway.
strangerthanfiction
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Narrowcasting at its finest. :: Comments

Post on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:20 pm by dohnage18

Zell Miller>Chris Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:24 pm by strangerthanfiction

WHAT

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:19 pm by dohnage18

You don't remember this from Gov?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:06 pm by J-Mads

Fun times funness. When Conway came on later, Matthews ripped into him pretty well.

Go Rand!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 pm by strangerthanfiction

Ryan, I don't remember much from Gov. I gave all my notes to Sari >.< All I remember are Christmas tree bills and how much I despise the entire system.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm by J-Mads

Why?!!! It's the best system in the history of the world!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm by dohnage18

Zell Miller challenged Chris Matthews to a duel.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 pm by strangerthanfiction

So? Aaron Burr challenged Alexander Hamilton to a duel and Hamilton died. Therefore, Miller = Burr in this sense. So I would argue that no, Miller < Matthews.

@Luke: No, it's not. I don't care what you think, this whole system freaks me out a bit. Political junkies... frighten me.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:22 pm by J-Mads

What's a better system?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm by strangerthanfiction

I like democracy as a system -- don't get me wrong, I like having the right to vote and all that -- but American politics are an absolute circus. Politicians have to spend a lot of money to get elected, and once they are in Congress, they spend a lot more time raising money to be elected once more. They complain about how much Congress spends, yet are required to ask for pork to show their constituents that they are "doing something." Why must a system that allows only two main viable options be so dominant? I want to vote for the Independent candidate in the Senate race here in Kentucky, because I believe his views are the best. Will he truly get elected? No. If I vote for him, then is that another vote for Rand Paul? In essence, yes, because I wouldn't be voting for Jack Conway. Do I want Rand Paul in Congress? No. Do I want Conway in Congress? Rather him than Paul. Is Conway my first choice? No, but it looks like I'll have to vote for him if I truly do not want Rand Paul in there.

The whole thing becomes a strategic game, and that's what I don't really like about politics. If anything, AP Gov made me scared of politics. It's a fascinating business, and my mother has told me several times that I would make a great political analyst, but really -- how? What? Why?

Really, it's all just like-like-like a c-c-circus. ("All eyes on me in the centre of the ring, just like a circus... when I crack that whip, everybody gon' trip, just like a circus..." and yes, I am quoting Britney Spears...)

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm by strangerthanfiction

And everything I just said shows why I am an inept voter and why I shouldn't be voting.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 am by The Prez

You are not an inept voter, in fact you showed a greater understanding of American politics than most people. I have to agree with what Alex says regarding spending and pork and needing money to win now a days. It is not very "American" at all as to how our system is operating now a days Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm by J-Mads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_L3wxqY7A

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum