I Declare!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Declare!

Today I filled out the paperwork to officially declare as a Public Policy and Administration major. It's a B.S. degree under the Political Science umbrella, focused on the functioning of government and NGOs as well as the business philosophy of management. I only declared because I couldn't register for PPA 200 (Intro the Public Policy) without being in the major, so I could still switch out, but this is the major I've most liked since I got here. It looks like a good combination of political theory and actual job opportunities following graduation. Also I will have the opportunity to intern a semester in D.C. which would be amazing! But that's a long way off.

Eventually it splits into two concentrations, one on Policy and the other on Administration. I'd prefer the Policy side at the moment but it's a long time off, of course.

I'll be continuing on to Calc 3 in the Spring, and hopefully declaring a minor in Math midway through the Spring semester. I begin registering for my classes on November 6th, and if all goes well I'll be taking a medium 16 credits. So I'm feeling good today because I have a plan! And in Calc 2 they introduced Power Series so today is extra-cool!

Also, my parents are coming down to JMU tonight and tomorrow; I haven't seen them since I moved in. I'm fairly certain this is the longest ever time I've been away from them, possibly double whatever the previous record was set as. It's odd how ok that's been, but I am still very excited to see family after all this time with exclusively peers.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

I Declare! :: Comments

No Comment.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum