Capitalizing on Residency

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Capitalizing on Residency

As a registered voter of Virginia, I can claim any sports team in the DC area as my own. But I've always hated everybody in the NFC East, so fuck the Redskins, and I don't care about baseball. While the Sabres will always be my true home town team, the Caps games are all televised here and after watching several of them I really like this team. LoveChicken is great, of course, but the whole team is solid and fun to watch. Varlamov is still playing well after coming out of nowhere in the playoffs last year. There are a lot of good players that don't carry big stats or big name but play hard - Steckel, Clark (the Captain, and American!), Backstrom (although he's becoming a bit of a big name along with Alex Semin).

There are no douches on this team, they play fun hockey, it's a big deal in a non-traditional market, and their jerseys are badass. I've always liked them over anyone else in that division, and always preferred them to the Pens, so I'm now adopting them as a second home team.

The Buffalo-DC connection is actually pretty cool. The team was in trouble in the pre-lockout years, then got a lot younger, played more exciting, changed their jerseys, and made some playoff runs. The football team is awful. And I do mean awful - like Mike Williams is their starting right tackle awful. They put up 6 points at home against the Chiefs, and have a 2-4 record with one win being against the Bucs (who the Bills also beat). The other win was against the Rams and they did not score a touchdown. Despite a promising young QB, a star potential RB, and some very talented Wide outs, this offense is simply terrible. Sound familiar?

I'm not sure why Virginia can't have its own sports teams, and DC is like 2 hours away so it's not unlike me deciding to be a Maple Leafs fan when I'm back home - which I would NEVER do - but it feels like the home team. Go Caps! Go Sabres! Go Bills! And the Redskins can fuck themselves.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Capitalizing on Residency :: Comments

Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am by AgentW

well the capitols do have an image of the capitol, which is almost as American as a mutant slug with a buffalo head on it

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 pm by strangerthanfiction

HEY I LIKE MY BANANA SLUG HAT.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 pm by AgentW

I just said it was more American than the picture of the capitol building. what's to complain about that?

banana slug

+buffalo

=sabres

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm by J-Mads

Truth and big pictures!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 pm by AgentW

absolutely. what's more to ask for anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum