Baseball is Boring

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baseball is Boring

Post by selgguns.CM on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Go ahead and argue. I just really needed to post this so I didn't end up spamming all of the other baseball threads with my opinion.

But seriously...The games go soooo slow and take forever! Plus there's very little originality involved. It's not like in football where someone does something incredible that no one thought could be done or that's never been done before and scores...and everyone talks about it the next day. Or in hockey where someone pulls off a ridiculous and original deke that everyone is astonished by. "Did you see him hit that ball over the fence last night?" or "Did you see how far he hit it?" or "Did you see him make tag that guy?" just really aren't all that exciting. It's a primitive and very limited sport. Very repetitive.

selgguns.CM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Baseball is Boring

Post by McSnuggles on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Here's my opinion.

Baseball is boring for the sole reason that there's too long between pitches.

However there's MUCH more originality in baseball than hockey. Hockey is the same thing every time. Puck goes up, puck goes down, puck goes up. Then they make one cool hit/shot/save per game. Baseball on the other hand has incredible plays often. Look at some of the crazy catches by outfielders. Or some incredible base running/stealing. And don't forget about the Umps. They make calls that get talked about for months sometimes. There's a reason that baseball is considered America's pastime.
McSnuggles
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dohnage18 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Baseball is a game that I put in the same category as football. I put basketball, hockey, and soccer in a different category, solely because they are fluid sports. Football can be a repetitive game as well. Hike, run into the line for 4 yards. Hike, run into the line for 4 yards. And so on. Baseball can be electric, just like football. My point is, both take a while to pull off a play, but both can be slow and boring as well as exciting. The average football play takes about 35 seconds from the last down. The average baseball pitch takes 45 seconds. Because of the extra 10 seconds, baseball announcers know a ton more about their game than football announcers. Just an observation.

The last thing that I'll talk about is that baseball is the game of 1001 situations. As an umpire, I come by things that I have never seen before every weekend or more that I do a game. That's one of the reasons baseball is an electric sport, because one often witnesses they've never seen before, even if it's not manufactured by the players on the field.

dohnage18
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!
Super Special Awesome Person!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by selgguns.CM on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Yea, but 2 strikes 3 balls and a foul = 4.5 minutes. And the same batter is still up.

EDIT: Not to say that every batter goes 7 pitches, but I'm just pointing out that those intervals add up fast.

selgguns.CM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top